Educational and Mentoring Activities
- Emphasis on higher levels of learning: synthesis, analysis and creativity.
- Multidisciplinary approach to materials education.
- Attaining excellence in education by integrating research and teaching.
- Inculcation of societal appreciation for science and technology via community and international outreach.
Introduction to Materials Science & Engineering, Interface and Defect Phenomena in Materials, Advanced Electron Microscopy, Physical Ceramics, Symmetry and Physical Properties, Hierarchy of Structures in Biological and Physical Sciences, Introduction to SEM and TEM, Nanopatterning of Functional Structures, and Business of Nanotechnology.
- Prudent use of modern technology in class-room and in "distance" learning.
- Development of multi-media approach to class-room education.
- Emphasis on concept development and hands-on experimental training.
- Election to faculty Honor Roll by voting UG students for teaching excellence
- Teacher of the Year Award from MSE Department students
- MSSA (Materials Science Student Association) Faculty Advisor
- Graduate Student Exam Committees: MSE and Chemistry Departments
- Undergraduate Student Research Supervision
- REU and NSEC Summer Interns Sponsor
- High School Intern Advisor
- Support Visiting Scholars
- Global Collaborations Between Academic Institutions
- Continued Communication and Scientific Collaboration with Graduates