Shuyou Li, Ph.D.
TEM Facility Manager
NUANCE Center - Northwestern University
Department of Materials Science and Engineering
Rm 1156 Cook Hall Tel: (847) 491-6723
Fax: (847) 467-6573
Educational Background and Work Experience
|2007||M.S. Computer Science||Northwestern University, Evanston, IL|
|1997||Ph. D. Materials Science||Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shengyang, PR China|
|1994||M.S. Materials Science||Institute of Metal Research, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shengyang, PR China|
|1991||B.S. Physics||University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, PR China|
I'm currently working as the manager of the TEM and Specimen Preparation Facility in the NUANCE Center at Northwestern University. I am also the chief designer and programmer of the Facility Online Manager (FOM) system. The FOM system installed at Northwestern University is managing more than 20 Shared Facilities and Research Laboratories across the NU campus.
My research work is mainly related to the Analytical Electron Microscopy (AEM) - all kinds of materials, from metals to semiconductors, from inorganic to organic materials. I am also actively working on computer programming and web application developments. I welcome any collaborations on TEM applications and/or computer programming.
- Langille MR, Zhang J, Personick ML, Li S-Y, Mirkin CA, “Stepwise Evolution of Spherical Seeds into 20-Fold Twinned Icosahedra”, Science, Accepted (2012)
- Shute CJ, Myers BD, Xie S, Li S-Y, Barbee Jr. TW, Hodge AM, Weertman JR, “Detwinning, damage and crack initiation during cyclic loading of Cu samples containing aligned nanotwins”, Acta Materialia, Vol 59(11): pp:4569-4577 (2011)
- Filleter T, Bernal R, Li S-Y, Espinosa HD, “Ultrahigh Strength and Stiffness in Cross-Linked Hierarchical Carbon Nanotube Bundles”, Adv. Mater., Vol 23(25): pp:2855-2860 (2011)
- Zhang J, Langille MR, Personick ML, Zhang K, Li S-Y, Mirkin CA, “Concave Cubic Gold Nanocrystals with High-Index Facets”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., Vol. 132: pp:14012-14014 (2010)
- Zhang HT, Xu TT, Tang M, Her TH, Li S-Y, “Selective growth of tungsten oxide nanowires via a vapor-solid process”, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B, Vol. 28(2): pp: 310-315 (2010)
- Chen M, Pierstorff ED, Lam R, Li S-Y, Huang H, Osawa E, Ho D, “Nanodiamond-Mediated Delivery of Water-Insoluble Therapeutics”, ACS Nano, Vol. 3(7): pp:2016-2022 (2009)
- Peng B, Locascio M, Zapol P, Li S-Y, Mielke SL, Schaltz GC, Espinosa HD, “Measurements of near-ultimate strength for multiwalled carbon nanotubes and irradiation-induced crosslinking improvements”, Nature Nanotechnology, Vol. 3: pp:626-631 (2008)
- Li S-Y, Dravid VP, “Internet-based Administration of Shared Instruments with Facility Online Manager”, Microscopy Today, Vol 14(6): pp:36-39 (2006)